- Job Location:
- Bracknell, Berkshire
- Job Type:
- Job Ref. Number:
Health and Safety Manager
- Elect and set up H&S representative meetings as per statutory requirements.
- Overall responsibility and compliance of the Company’s H&S, making sure staff are aware of the importance and follow safety protocol.
- Advise Connect44 members on all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Implement and maintain HSMS, systematic review and update of documentation and activities.
Management Commitment and Employee Involvement
- Set up policies, assign and support responsibilities, setting a positive example, and involving employees.
- Implement practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting health and safety and safe working practices in the workplace.
- Co-ordinate and manage first aid and fire safety representatives for all Connect44 sites.
- To recommend & implement control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees.
- Advise the UK Director of all incidents reportable under R.I.D.D.O.R.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and implement such changes where relevant. Update the Connect44 Legal Register and bring to the attention of the Management Team any relevant new legislation.
- Continually analyze the worksite to identify all existing and potential hazards.
- Conduct all “risk assessments” as required by legislation and are reviewed at relevant intervals and to maintain records of the same.
- Conduct & carry out internal and compliance audits of all Connect44 sites; report on findings and manage the issue log through to completion.
- Carry out all risk assessments and special assessments for each Connect44 site as required by business, including display screen equipment, manual handling, lone working, pregnant workers, young workers etc.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports and documents as required.
- To identify areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance. Arrange such training/certification once identified.
Hazard Prevention and Control
- Methods to prevent or control existing or potential hazards are administered and maintained.
- To carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms.
- Liaise with the Head of UK Services to establish contractor health & safety procedures.
- Immediately contact the Management Team if situations are found, that in the opinion of the H&S Manager, require immediate rectification or the stopping of any operation.
Training for Employees, Supervisors and Managers
- Managers, supervisors, and employees are trained to understand and deal with worksite hazards.
- Conduct/organise relevant health and safety training for staff as required, including first aid and fire safety.
- Attend such courses/seminars run by external sources to enable accurate interpretation of legislation to enable implementation within the organisation.