Remote in Romania
Job Ref. Number
We are looking for a Cloud Specialist for our team in Romania
The Solution Design unit is responsible for providing Cloud solutions.
This can either be a private or public cloud solution. The function is to build infrastructure services for Group functions and also for Vodafone Local Markets.
Key responsibilities include developing and implementing consumable, standardized infrastructure services (resilient, high quality, highly automated and up-to-date), supporting and educating consumers on using the standardized infrastructure services (consumer is responsible for their own instances), implementing mandatory security standards and develop an ecosystem of tools to provide self-service capabilities to the consumer.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Act as a Cloud Automation Senior Mater
- Expert for the DEVOPS team; responsible to create, manage, test and release highperforming and highly-automated
- vRealize Orchestrator workflows and vRealize Automation Blueprints as part of a vRealize Cloud solution following to
- Agile or Waterfall methodologies
- Support internal customer in leveraging the infrastructure to build Cloud Ready applications
- Drive definitions of our API catalogue and offering.
- Help transition of our automation and orchestration development into a full staging / continous delivery chain
- Define business and technical requirements and driving adoption of new workflows and Blueprints
- Collaborate with delivery teams, providing guidance and subject matter expertise for consumable, standardized infrastructure services
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- REST API integration knowledge
- Deep understanding of deploying applications in cloud native environment (preferably openstack or aws / azure/ serverless) through orchestration platforms VRA/VRO (mandatory) or Terraform, Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Demonstrated experience with automated build pipeline, continuous integration, and continuous deployment with test automation frameworks tools such as Git, Jenkins, Travis,
Nice to have knowledge and experience:
- Experience with VMware SDDC
- Components (ESXi, vCenter, NSX,vSAN) preferred.
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Understanding of management tools like Ansible Tower, Puppet or Chef Linux System administration experience
- Familiarity with Agile / Scrum practices; proficient in unit and integration testing paradigms
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- University degree or higher education in Computer Science
- Fluent in English with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Working with international and virtual teams
- Willing to travel 10% of the time