Cost Governance Specialist
Cost Governance Specialist
Remote in Romania
Job Ref. Number
We are looking for a Cost Governance Specialist in Romania
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for VCloudSmart tool, advising customers on features and functionalities
- The role is responsible for collecting business requirements from customer, shaping them into technical specifications, present them to the Product Owner and Squad development team, coordinating the release of the new features, testing, and debugging.
- Guiding the customers on how to leverage Public Cloud technical solutions, products, and services to drive cost efficiency based on cost data analysis and savings plans, also providing recommendations on how they can optimize their usage.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Business analysis & Tool management
- SME for VCloudSmart tool, providing consultancy to customers on features, functionalities, and capabilities
- Collect and analyze customer business requirements through weekly and ad-hoc meetings, recommending and validating solutions with Software Development team
- Work closely with Product owner and Squad development team to shape the tools based on business & customer requirements, setting priorities for tool new features & enhancements in weekly alignments
- Coordinate the release of new features and enhancements through production environment tests, aiming to improve the user experience for VCould Smart
- Drive weekly random tests in VCloudSmart aiming to discover and debug errors using different queries
- VCloudSmart tool design based on customer requirements: bespoke real live dashboards structures and navigators
- Drive regular communication to users based on latest releases
- Identify potential savings, visualize, present, and promote the savings plan to account owners, and other stakeholders in Vodafone.
- Provide consultancy on cost control and optimization by continuously reporting on customer spend using VCloudSmart tool.
- SME for all cost related aspects, helping customers understand opportunities for optimization and cost savings to successfully manage cloud spend
- Primary interface between account owners and Managed services team to implement and coordinate the cost savings
Reporting & Governance
- Produce and maintain different cost optimization reports based on provider consoles and VCouldSmart, share them with relevant stakeholders
- Identify patterns and optimization opportunities based on cost optimization reports and strategies
- Support Finance and VPC team in relates to global billing data for all Public Cloud consumption.
- Define process and system requirements and drive standardized communication and documentation.Drive continuous process improvement for processes related to costs optimization
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience:
- Ability to work with different public cloud consoles and cloud billing systems
- Well-developed technical knowledge across a broad range of IT topics, Public cloud.
- Agile software development environment and methods, e.g. Scrum, KanbanExpertise in supporting team facilitation and management tools, e.g. JIRA/Confluence, Service-Now, MS Project
- Strong analytical skills and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data backend analyses, and influencing results
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Data-driven decision making
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation and self-discipline
- Critical Thinking and Analytical Mindset.
- Strong understanding of both the current Telecommunications and digital services market and emerging business and technology trends
- Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field
- Experience in supporting successful delivery in Business Analysis (or equivalent role) across full product lifecycles, from MVP to marketable products in iterations, including support transition
- Experience working with agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban
- Experience managing senior stakeholders
- Professional experience and knowledge of the Telecommunications industry strongly preferred JIRA/Confluence, MS Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent experience preferred