Posibility to work remotely, Romania
Job Ref. Number
For our team in Romania we are looking for a DBA Analyst
- Participates in the development and implementation of software solutions / programs in accordance with customer requirements and job competencies
- Contributes to the implementation of new IT projects in all stages including the definition of requirements, planning, analysis, estimation and setting priorities and ensures the implementation and testing of software solutions
- Creates scripts / programs at the database level (PL-SQL, TSQL, Perl, etc.) according to customer requirements or business needs
- Participates in all stages of IT projects contributing to the implementation of new software solutions by: defining technical requirements; evaluation of different IT solutions; code / script development and implementation of IT applications / platforms in accordance with the competencies of the role
- Develops scripts and programs for IT projects and for automating activities.
- Defines technical requirements, designs, configures and implements solutions that include databases.
- Ensures the optimization of existing solutions by redefining the database architecture to increase efficiency or meet new business requirements.
- Provides active support for transformation projects as well as for other technology refresh programs that have the role of ensuring / increasing the availability of services and reducing downtime as well as increasing the quality / performance of applications.
- Designs and modifies the structure of databases by encoding the description of data using relational database management systems
- In case of critical incidents, it carries out technical investigations and analyzes the problems that appeared in order to determine the causes and ensures / proposes solutions to remedy the detected problems.
- Within 10-15% of the time performs proactive maintenance activities based on automatic working tools, alerts and notifications.
- Within 10% of the time it contributes to the evaluation of new technologies or applications in order to adopt them in new projects (POC - proof of concept).
- Participate in 24x7 on-call and hotline services, or shifts, as appropriate.
- Availability for exceptional situations, when asked to work night shifts, to work overtime and standby, as needed.
Competences, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in IT infrastructure management
- Office IT systems and technology (hardware and software)
- Documentation capabilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Working skills under tight conditions and tight deadlines
- Well organized, setting priorities and rigorous
- Project management
- Effective management of multiple requests; results orientation
- Skills in distributed and remote teams
- Customer orientation; ability to positively influence the customer experience
- English (written and spoken) - fluent
Required technical / professional certifications:
- Knowledge of database administration and programming in a production environment (Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, open-source databases, etc.)
- Programming skills in PL / SQL and UNIX /Linux shell
- SQL tuning knowledge
- Knowledge of Oracle RAC, Data Guard, GRID / Cloud Control, RMAN, Datapump, Goldengate, Shareplex, etc. technologies.
- ITIL knowledge
- Understanding the concepts of IT Service Management (ISO20000 standard example)
- Knowledge of SOX principles
- Knowledge of general security principles
- SQL / PLSQL programs according to customer requirements
- Scripts (shell scripting / powershell / perl) for automation, backup, monitoring and data transfer of new IT solutions or data integrity checking
- Database upgrade programs, scripts and procedures
- Design of database structures by encoding the description of the data
- Software applications (sql, plsql, php, html etc.) and databases;
- Code modules in programming languages (sql, plsql) using integrated development environments;
- Documentation related to software application development and implementation projects according