Remote in Romania
Job Ref. Number
We are looking for a Junior Tester
The Test Engineer role will ensure the testing team delivers the required service quality as agreed with the involved business parties, TSS clients. One of the objectives of this role is to minimize the testing cost and effort, and in the same time to improve the operational efficiency when new services or
products arrive for the team. This can be achieved, delivering appropriate and efficient testing services, planning and executing the Test Cases with commitment, so the Defects are identified as early as possible during the testing cycle and minimizing the risks.
Test Engineer will work closely with the Test Lead(s) on the assigned project(s) planning and executing the Test Cases, rising Defects, as long as driving improvement, automation and Load & Performance ideas.
Key responsibilties and decision making:
- Analysis of design specifications and requirements to identify and desig appropriate test cases and scenarios
- Execute test plans/scenarios with test data or real data
- Design and maintain Regression test plans and contributes to software development
- Reporting activities: Gathers the required data and helps the Team Lead filling and validating the necessary Testing reports
- Defect Management: Monitor defect lifecycle,identify and create defects, providing the required information and assuring defect retesting when needed
- Brings new automation ideas, helps implementing, maintaining and running them
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Solid telecom network and IT knowledge developed in a corporate environment.
- Determination and flexibility in alternating tasks and projects.
- Capacity to working beyond the multifunctional and cultural limits in order to deliver services and changes.
- Excellent communcation skills – especially in understanding requirements.
- Proven knowledge in Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Has the ability to understand and analyze complex solutions in order to identify requirements and associated risks.
- English (minimum level required - B2)
- Any other foreign language is an advantage.
- Test set required execution, as well as planning (with support from Test Lead) and managing work in the given timelines
- Estimated work effort and test execution duration
- Test plan and test results
- Lessons learned analysis at the end of the testing cycle.
- Scripts, test cases and quality requirements for product certification before launch.
- Testing execution – manual and automated.
- Defect tracking and management
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
Experience in the following software technologies:
- TCP/IP, SSL, XML, XSD, JAVA, HTML5
- Automated testing using different frameworks and programming languages.
- HP ALM, JIRA, TFS or other test management applications;
- Web Services REST, SOAP – manual and automated testing;
- SQL query and basic knowledge of data management techniques
- Test data management
- Process management
- Universiry studies in the following areas: informatics, electronics / electrical engineering / technology information
- Requirements understanding (use cases, functional specifications, user interface specifications, etc.) and object oriented analysis.
- Strong testing cycle knowledge from the early design phase until the operation phase and relative models.
- Knowledge of testing best practices equivalent to the ones described in ISTQB.