SAM Vendor SME
SAM Vendor SME
Posibility to work remotely, Romania
Job Ref. Number
For our team in Romania we are looking for a SAM Vendor SME
- Support the VCI Vendor Management team in order to ensure a well-documented and optimized Software Asset Management activity.
- Responsible to support the Vendor relationship management and governance within VCI.
- Responsible for VCI needs analysis and address request to Vendor for discussion and negotiation.
- Responsible for monitoring and control Vendor performances in agreement with vendor segmentation framework and guidelines.
- Actively contributes in Vendor Risk Management process with the aim of ensuring that the use of Vendors’ service does not create unacceptable potential negative impact on business
- Point of contact for VCI senior and line management for relevant issues with the strategic vendors during the activity execution and product delivery.
- Responsible for monitoring and control strategic Vendors performances in agreement with vendor segmentation framework and guidelines.
- Actively contributes in identifying any potential risks with the aim of ensuring that the use of Vendors’ service does not create unacceptable potential negative impact on business.
- Responsible for contributing in the continual improvement of Vendor Management discipline within VCI.
- Responsible for the definition of assigned vendors contract reporting requirements (e.g. usage reports)
- Contribute in the definition and evolution of Vendor Management Tools
- Driving the execution of strategic projects / actions related to VCI Vendor Management area.
Main responsibilities and decisional competences [max 5]:
Windows Server compliancy analysis and remediation:
- SQL Server Compliancy analysis and remediation
- Windows Server 2019 deployment control
- Other SW compliancy report design (MongoDB, Oracle DB, VMware, RedHat,)
- creation of SW usage briefing packs for designers
- Vodafone Cloud & Infrastructure SW pricelist integration with Vodafone Procurement Team catalogue
- Act as licensing specialist in case of questions/queries from the internal stakeholders in regards of our main software
- Support the Management of Vendor Relationship - engage with proper Vendor’s representatives in order to establish and maintain a sound and profitable relationship.
- Ensure vendor documentation is properly created and stored (e.g: License models guidelines, pricelists, entitlements)
- Participate to various meetings and workshops with vendors and other stakeholders acting as point of contact for VCI senior and line management;
Vendor reporting – guarantee that proper reporting on Vendor (e.g. performance, true up, sam ) are available and reliable
Project Management – leads, when required, project on sourcing topics
- Manage assigned vendors relationship - engage with proper Vendor’s representatives in order to establish and maintain a sound and profitable relationship
- Vendor performance – monitor, review and control vendor performances, share results with VCI management, identify and agree with Vendor improvement paths, implementation roadmap and monitor implementation execution
- Vendors Knowledge Base – guarantee that all relevant information (e.g. vendor’s representatives’ info) and documents (e.g. contracts and reports) are kept up to date and properly stored in VM knowledge base
- SAM and Licensing SPOC – act as principal point of contact for VCI management for any relevant topic regarding the SAM area
- Strategic Vendor reporting – guarantee that proper reporting on Vendor (e.g. performance, usage) are available and reliable
Competences and experience:
- Proven experience in software asset management
- Ability to communicate and interact with different layers of organization Leadership capabilities and project management
- ITIL framework knowledge
- Minimum 5 years work experience, mainly in IT area
- Strong analytical skills
- Team worker
- Good communicator, able to drive diverse stakeholders
- Ability and sound skills in negotiation with third parties having clear in mind goals and objectives to be achieved
Technical/professional mandatory qualifications:
- Strong experience with some major software publisher's licensing models (Microsoft, Red Hat, VMWare, others)
- Ability to comprehend and interpret highly complex licensing issues Full English proficiency
- Ability to work with Excel / Access advanced functions
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL Database
- IAITAM Certification or other SAM/Licencing equivalent certifications
- Microsoft certifications is a plus
- Negotiation skills