Voice Core Planner (IMS Planner)
Voice Core Planner (IMS Planner)
Job Ref. Number
We are looking for a motivated Voice Core IMS Planner, based in our services and operations centre in Romania. You must be a team player and a very good organizer
About the role
Reporting to the Domain Manager, this role is part of the Voice Core Planning team. It provides Low level design support for Planning activities and capacity driven targets aligned with ongoing network changes.
The role drives proactive and reactive management of multiple vendors for planned network changes and includes emergency situations when they arise.
The IMS planning team continues to evolve to underpin the plans of Design, Operations and project teams, and currently supports:
- Ericsson IMS
- Mavenir IMS
- Nokia UDB [Mobile and Fixed]
- 5G SA
- 2G~4G voice
- LTM and NB IoT
- VoLTE Roaming
- Mobile Voice Recording
- SIP Interconnect
- Operational support
- Capacity and Forecasting
The Voice Core Planner will work within a large team to produce plans across the following functions:
- You will have a good working knowledge of mobile networks, the mobile communications marketplace, and the ability to deal with constantly changing and evolving targets.
- You will have the ability to absorb and understand new technologies and network changes without formal training as a precursor and use a logical approach to problem solving.
- Strong planning, organisation, and prioritisation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to produce detailed plans to support Core Voice Platforms
- Builds relationships with the UK manager in order to insure good communication.
- Act as an integral member of the team and flag any specific needs identified to the UK manager
- Liaise with other network domains such as Project Management Office & Network Data build.
- Must be confident working under own initiative, whilst being supportive of team aims and objectives and be able to work under periods of high pressure
- Encourages, motivates and builds the skills of the team.
- Experience of Change, Incident, Problem and Risk Management.
- Support Core Voice Case Fault Inbox/ cases.
- Knowledge of Ericsson Switching platforms (HLR, HSS, MSS)
- Knowledge of Mavenir Switching platforms (IMS, TAS, UAG, Sec64)
- Good understanding of Cloud based networks
- Good understanding of IP networks
- Have very good excel usability skills and management of CCR LLDs
- Ability to work as part of a team or when necessary, to work independently
- Ability to perform job functions to standards under pressure of tense/confrontational situations
- Ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult customers and/or situations
- Ability to provide concise and clear, written and verbal reports
- Team-focused with a focus for clear communication, you’ll be a tenacious problem solver who’s always up to date with the latest developments.
- Maintain an advanced level of knowledge on defined Network tools and align with security guidance and governance of security access controls.
- Use proportionate escalation to drive surrounding teams to provide the level of service required by our customers.
- Manage sensitive contractual and other information to ensure 3rd parties have access to required information while operating within existing NDA’s
- Provide input to network design and project teams to drive resolution of design related issues
- Fluent communication in English
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Transferable skills from an E// IMS work role
- Proven ability to interact with diverse customers in a multi-cultural environment
- BA/BSc degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong technical background in Telecommunications as well as an understanding of all key elements that make up a mobile network
- To have positive feedback from your current supervisor
- Fluency in English with strong verbal and written skills and demonstrate good communication skills
- To have a professional attitude, good people skills; Communication & Influencing skills; and some coaching skills.
- Conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Prioritizing and organizing skills; Effective time management; Presentation skills.
We offer you to be part of a brand-new office from the beginning and constant development. Connect44 employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and continuous improvement and success. If you have passion for your work, for your team, for the company and the services we deliver, join our company. We live a family atmosphere, support each other and always have space for a good laugh.